Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kisses

Today, I declare, Audrey has learned how to kiss.  I've always smothered my babies in kisses, anxiously awaiting the day that they recognize, receive and finally "participate" in kissing back.  I don't think I made note of when Madison gave her mama little baby kisses, so I've been paying close attention to Audrey.  Tonight at the dinner table I gave her three kisses, and for each one she leaned in with her little baby lips wide open - love those slobbery kisses - and purposefully put her lips on mine. 

Oh how my heart melted!!!!  I'll try to get a picture when I can have some staging and cooperation from the Daddy photographer.

In place of a picture, here is a cute quote:

I will not play tug o' war. I'd rather play hug o' war. Where everyone hugs instead of tugs, Where everyone giggles and rolls on the rug, Where everyone kisses, and everyone grins, and everyone cuddles, and everyone wins.
Shel Silverstein

1 comment: