Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Family Reunion

Last weekend I made the trek north (again!) with my kiddos for the Ridenhour/Foster/Johnson...ect family reunion.  It's a hodgepodge of my mom's family - basically her mom's sisters' kids and their kids and their kids.  I can't even keep track of how many generations are at these things, let alone who is a first cousin of whom.  It was wonderful to see my grandparents Jack and Flora, and my mom's favorite cousin Diana, her husband Rick and their daughter Melissa.  We consider ourselves the A team at these events, and often post up at "the cool table". 

It was a delightfully cool afternoon, I was able to introduce Audrey to many family members she hadn't previously met, Maddy convinced several adults to join her on the trampoline, and I ate my face off at the potluck buffet.  All in all, a smashing success. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment