Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eating like a big girl

Not long ago I finally realized that my hungry little monster was ready for bigger and better things in the food department.  We started her out on mushy baby foods at least a month ago, but it seems like overnight she went from the occasional veggie slop to sitting down for three proper meals a day in addition to regular nursing.  I try to give her a fruit and rice cereal blend every day for breakfast, a vegetable for lunch, and a protein based baby food for dinner.  She sits at the table with us during our meals so she gets to feel like she's part of the action with the rest of the family.  Just the other day I decided to jump the gun on the little finger foods and let her give those a whirl.  As you can see, Audrey hasn't mastered the pincher technique yet, but she's pretty determined to get the food in her mouth! 


Along with new food items, she's also getting to use a sippy cup for drinks of water.  Usually I hold it for her so she gets the right angle, but here's a short video of her trying to figure it out herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment