This morning, Audrey must have decided to give us a gift on her half-birthday, because she slept in until almost 9:30. It was AMAZING. After that, we hung out at the house until she had a nap under her belt and took her to our neighborhood outdoor swimming pool. It was 80 degrees here today, so the water felt great for all of us. Maddy had a blast, Audrey enjoyed splashing around, and Jim and I savored a few moments in the sun while baby took nap #2 in our arms.
Now that she's getting to be a "big girl", I have noticed a few fun developments. She has a specific grunt when she wants something - a toy, or more regularly another taste of big people food. We started her on solids earlier than we had to because she shows SO much interest in our food. Her favorite baby food is green beans. Blech. Who would have thought?
Audrey definitely has the sweets for her big sister, and in the last month or so she has turned into quite the Daddy's girl. I think the biggest smiles of her day are when he comes home from work. Of course it helps that he always has a big welcome smile, hug and kisses for her. She also loves her puppies and has taken a greater interest in watching them, touching them, and gleefully letting them give her lots of slobbery kisses.
What's a milestone without pictures, right? These pretty poses are from a photo session we did at JC Penny just a week and a half shy of her 6 month birthday. I had to move the setting date up earlier than I had intended because the dress I bought for her pictures was getting so tight, I was sure it wouldn't fit once today rolled around. I'm glad we were able to squeeze her into it, because it sure is cute.
trip to the outlet mall and basically replaced her entire wardrobe. I decided to skip past the 9 month sizes altogether, and I am glad I did. She fits perfectly in her new 12 month attire.
For fun, I dug out the studio pictures I have of Maddy from her 6 month photo shoot. While I still think they look similar, their differences are getting much easier to distinguish. They each certainly have their own look, and very different personalities. And Audrey's hair is still much longer. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment