I'm exceptionally tardy with this post. Apologies.
Just before school started up again, we got one last hurrah of a summer trip to the Oregon coast with Nana and Auntie Miranda. The coast is a favorite day trip for my little fam, but this trip was extra special as it was a first for Audrey. And...I believe...Miranda? Correct me if I am wrong.
On a stroke of luck, the weekend we had been planning on heading out to the ocean happened to be a gorgeous one, and the hottest day of the summer to that date. I've never been to Seaside on a day warmer than 70, and it usually takes all day to get up to that temperature. This time it was 80+ and just plain perfect. Madison got to SWIM in the shallow pools created by the creeping tide. Until the swells picked up the pace, the pools felt like bathwater. Audrey had a blast splashing and stomping around in the water - and so did Joey!
We spent almost all of our time on the beach since it was such a nice day, but did manage to hit up the candy shop on our way out of town. Since it was just a quick stop, Jim didn't think it was necessary to put the diaper bag in the stroller and naturally, Audrey decided this would be a great time to crap her pants. I was quite irritated to think I'd have to haul all the way back to the car, dig the diaper bag out of it's place, unpack enough of the trunk to create a baby-sized spot and change the poopy mess in a hot car - well out of reach of a sink.....so I came up with a plan B. I darted into the shops on a mission to shake down the first stroller weilding family I found. This took 2.0 seconds. A very nice set of grandparents leant me a handful of wipes and a diaper, and nodded their heads knowingly to my tale of daddy-mishaps. Crisis averted.
A side note - nowhere in the Seaside "mall" can one find a diaper changing station, so I very shamelessly tended to the HOT MESS of a diaper on their carpet. Not my fault. Also, if you don't want people to put said diapers in the bathroom trash, you should provide receptacles outside of your buildings. Apologies to anyone who used the adjacent restroom after us....
And now for some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment