Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Audrey and Joey

These two buddies are INSEPARABLE.  Every morning when Audrey wakes up, I sneak into her nursery and we have a nice quiet moment while she nurses and we snuggle.  No matter how silently I tiptoe in there, it never fails that her meal is interrupted by our bouncing little boy, trotting in to give his good mornings.  He hops up on the footstool of my rocking chair (which also rocks itself - not many dogs like to jump up on moving furniture) and leans in to give Audrey a big helping of puppy kisses.  She absolutely loves it, although I am usually slightly annoyed because I'd prefer that she remain focussed on the task at hand.  I've given up on the issue though, and embrace the fact that baby and puppy have grown to be the best of friends.

I often find them "playing" together.  Audrey will take an interest in one of the dog toys, and Joey will join in the fun by tossing the toy around with her.  Sometimes he snatches it and runs, which makes her laugh.  Somtimes they play a tug-of-war where you can tell Joey is being painstakingly gentle.  It is THE. CUTEST. THING. EVER.  He has even now begun bringing his toys to her about as often as he brings them to Jim or me for one of us to throw. 

I am tickled that they are two peas in a pod, and I'll try to get a video of their play posted as soon as I can capture a good one.  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment