Monday, January 7, 2013

The cat is out of the bag

Well, I guess it's time for an official press release: I am a student again.

I began working on a paralegal degree last April, and today marks the start of my 4th quarter.  I saved the news from just about everyone because I wanted to be sure that the program was a good fit before I made an announcement.  Now that I have three quarters under my belt, I am confident that the legal field is one I can see myself working and succeeding in.  Perhaps I shouldn't mention my grades, so as not to jinx myself, but let's just say they are "encouraging." 

As many of you can probably imagine, this has changed our family schedule dramatically.  Most of the paralegal courses are offered in the evenings, so I have been attending classes on weeknights between 6 and 9pm.  This means Jim and I basically tag one another as he heads in the door from work and I am on my way out for class.  He has become Mr. Mom; taking on all dinner duties, homework with Madison, and bath time/bed time with Audrey.  While the coursework has been tough on me, all of the pressures of housework AND a full-time career have been hard on Jim too.  We're surviving though.  It's challenging, but not impossible.

Perhaps now it makes a little more sense as to why we haven't traveled more, spent more time up north, entertained more visitors.....and why I haven't updated this blog.  My sincere apologies.  I know you all love to dial in and see pictures of the kids.  I will try to stay on top of the blog.  I at least owe you all a big 2nd birthday post later this week for Miss Audrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment