Thursday, March 10, 2011

For the Grandmas! Okay, and everyone else too...

After eight weeks of falling behind in sending up-to-date baby photos and having the same "how we're doing" phone conversation with six different sets of grandparents, I realized it was time to get organized. A very good friend of mine has maintained a blog for her far away family members so they can keep tabs on their grandkids, and as I have blogged before, I decided to start one up again. If we lived closer, perhaps this wouldn't be entirely necessary, but I'll give it my best shot to keep the posts and pictures coming.

For the new readers who have never followed a blog before, I will explain:


A blog is a page on the internet that belongs to me, where I am able to write anything I want, include pictures, and share it with family and friends. I can put new information on the blog anytime - daily, weekly...whenever I have something to write about or pictures to share. The readers (followers) of a blog can read what I have posted at their convenience. You won't get an e mail or a message when I put new stuff on the blog, so you just have to go to the webpage once in a while to check for new posts. It's simple, and very easy to get the hang of!


The best part about a blog is that I can put pictures up for everyone to see without it slowing down your e mail (yes, Gma and Gpa R still have dial-up) or taking up all the space in your inbox (I like sending high-resolution pics!). Naturally, to kick of the new blog, I had better add some photos!

Here's a cute one of ME and Audrey.

Everyone says I don't include enough pictures of myself. ;)

And Miss Madison, who has lost YET ANOTHER tooth. We had a little controversy over a forgetful toothfairy with the latest lost tooth. Apparently, the toothfairy skipped Madison the first night her tooth was under her pillow. With patience, she decided to give it another try the next night. But when the toothfairy forgot AGAIN, Madison consulted her Daddy. Thinking quick, he snuck upstairs and dropped a dollar behind her bed. Then he told her to check again, and this time to scour her bedroom. She found the dollar immediately, and gleefully accepted the idea that she hadn't been forgotten, she just thrashed around in bed too much and her prize fell between the wall and her bed. Phew. Nice save, Dad.



As for the little one, Audrey is finally smiling! It is the most beautiful smile...well, tied with Maddy's baby smiles, of course. It's hard to capture with the camera, but here is one example. Occasionally she smiles a big, wide smile and I catch her little tongue flicking around in there. I don't think it ever rests! Silly girl.



I hope this blog turns into something we all enjoy. I know I love to share what's new in our lives with all of you and the pictures are a wonderful way to "watch" the kids grow.

Hugs and sloppy baby kisses!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment