Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Baby boo-boo
Our baby chipped a tooth!
Yesterday at the gym I was in the childcare room to pick Audrey up after my workout and, as usual, I had given her my shatter-proof water bottle to take some sips from. I had just changed her diaper, so I was washing my hands (back turned - OF COURSE) and that is when a collision occured. A big-little boy was running after a ball and Audrey was in his way. I didn't see if he pushed her or if he just brushed up against her, but at any rate, he sent her crashing to the floor....face first....with the water bottle in her hands. Since she was holding it, she couldn't put her hands out to break her fall. Her face was smashed by the water bottle, which is no doubt what chipped the tooth. You should have seen the stink-eye I gave that boy.
:(
I called Kristin for a mini-freak-out and she said both of her boys had chipped teeth as babies/toddlers. Her pediatric dentist had even told her the day before that chipped baby teeth were a "rite of passage". When I called our dentist they told me not to worry about it unless the chip was exceptionally sharp and/or I noticed her cutting her tongue on it. From what I can feel with my fingers, we're not going to have to worry about that. Sooo, it's just a cosmetic issue. I doubt the other babies in the play-yard will give her a hard time about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment