Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Tooth Fairy is Going Broke



During the school year, Madison's teacher gave certificates to each kid as they lost their teeth and the class as a whole kept a tally on how many total teeth were lost among them.  Madison had one slightly wiggly tooth at the very end of the school year and she was determined not to let it hang on until summer and miss out on that certificate.  I picked her up one afternoon to discover that the "slightly wiggly" tooth was now hanging on by a thread.  She had irritated her gums while desperately trying to loosen it, so I told her that she should probably just yank it out and be done with it.  We were in the car in the school parking lot on our way to Costco and I told her that if she could pull it out before we got to Costco, I would give her a dollar.

Not even three car lengths later I hear: "It's out". 

She later admitted that she wanted to lose this particular tooth because then she'd have a gap on each side between her big front teeth and her canines - thinking this would make her look like a vampire. 
So here is Maddy, being a vampire:


No comments:

Post a Comment