Monday, May 16, 2011

So far this May


Last week Madison performed in her school's concert - all of the first grade classes at Fisher's Landing Elementary put on a show of songs from around the world.  It was adorable.  Madison knew almost all of the words to all of the songs, which is more than what I could say about the other children.  Clearly she has been paying attention in music class!  Jim, Audrey and I all attended the concert, and fortunately for everyone, Audrey listened quietly and did not disrupt the performers.  Isn't Madison darling in this picture from that evening?!?!  She's such a young lady!  This is her and her friend Faith just before the music started.





Audrey's hair is OUT OF CONTROL!  Haaa...we love it.  This is her fresh out of the bath, lounging on our guest bed.  Doesn't the bed look comfy??  Take note - for all of you who have yet to come visit us here in Vancouver, or for those who haven't been down in a while.


I've experimented a bit with Audrey's hair, and the one pony + bow or flower works for her, but it doesn't keep her hair out of her eyes for long.  She isn't a fan of getting the ponies put in or taking them out, so I guess she'll have a comb-over most of the time until she gets used to it.

Or this look, which reminds me of the Beatles.  ;)

 A new toy!!!  It's supposed to be a walker, but for now we like to kick at it!  I'm already regretting the purchase a bit, because it's another one of those noisy toys with very repetative melodies.  Groan.

And for the biggest development in recent history.....
Audrey has been introduced to solid foods!  Here comes her first bite:


Daddy gave it a try, and he was successful....in getting as much food on her face as in her mouth.  ;)  I think they both enjoyed their first real feeding experience together since Mama has that job most of the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment